Wednesday, March 4, 2015

"Does unrequited love have an expiration date?"~ Review: Three Brothers by Nicole Williams

Publication Date: January 20, 2015
Genre: Contemporary
Source: Purchased via Amazon

~Synopsis~

I grew up with three brothers. They weren’t tied to me by blood, but our connection went beyond genetics or bearing the same last name. Our connection was forged the summer I turned thirteen, the summer my mom ended her life and left me in the custody of John Armstrong, a man I’d never met. Packing all I owned in a couple of boxes, I left the familiarity of the big city and headed west to Red Mountain Ranch, set in a lonely valley outside of Jackson Hole.

Nothing was as it seemed at Red Mountain—it didn’t take long for me to figure that out. John was kind to me but distant, as if he was afraid to let anyone get too close. His three teenage sons had their own devices for keeping love as far away as they could. The eldest distracted himself with cheap relationships that had a shelf-life of one night. The middle son threw himself into the rigor of running a ranch, and the third wielded cruelty and mind-games in his quest to keep people from getting close.

Time has gone by, and I’ve spent those years trying to forget the brother I’d fallen for—the biggest mistake of my life.

Finally, I’ve moved on. Finally, I’m back. But what I didn’t realize was that running away from the wrong brother meant I’d also run away from the right one. The one who’d been there for me all along, waiting in his brother’s shadow for the day I either would or could move on.

But a decade is a long time to wait. Has the brother I should have chosen all of those years ago moved on too? Am I about to discover that my biggest mistake wasn’t falling in love with the wrong brother, but failing to return the love of the right one sooner?

Does unrequited love have an expiration date?

I’m about to find out.



~Review~


Nicole Williams amazes me. I've never been disappointed in a book of hers that I've read. Three Brothers was a nice surprise and another heart warming ranch story. I love her Lost & Found series, so I was excited for some more cowboys. She makes me want to move to Montana or Wyoming!

Scout was raised by John Armstrong from the age of 12 and grew up with his 3 sons. Each one played a vital role in her life, Chase was the big brother, Chance was her best friend and Conn was the one she loved. However, Conn had a hard time loving anyone and his destructive behavior caused Scout to leave as soon as she turned 18. After finishing Vet school, she finally returns to say goodbye to someone she loves. Her return home reveals secrets lies and tragedy but she also finds the love she's always been looking for.

 I liked Scout and I loved the development of her character. She went through a lot as a young girl and it definitely made her vulnerable but I loved that she went out on her own and came back stronger. She was able to face her demons head on and not back down even though that's all she wanted to do.

I liked the relationship she had with Chase and the big brother/little sister relationship they had. When Scout came back, she found Chase to be a very different man and she helped him find himself again. I also felt that her relationship with Conn was well done. It's definitely not an easy one and was very volatile but I felt like Nicole wrote it very well. I felt the tension and the emotions that Conn and Scout felt in each other's presence. Lastly, her relationship with Chance was beautiful. They have such an easy time together and the friendship they built was so easy, even after years without seeing each other.

This book had drama, laughter, mystery and an all together well written story, I flew through this book with ease and I was actually disappointed when it was over. If you're a fan of contemporary romance, I highly recommend this book.


PURCHASE LINKS:

4 comments:

  1. It's always disappointing when a book you loved finishes, but at least you know it was a good one. Thanks for you great review. I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon! I am a die hard Nicole Williams fan. I highly recommend this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. I loved Chance. That boy... *smh* was wonderful. I read the deleted scene of Nicole's before I read the book, so I HATED Conn. He was a jerk in that deleted scene and could not redeem himself for me. I'm glad you enjoyed this one so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is amazing. I still have to read a Nicole Williams book but she sounds like a great writer. I'm glad you enjoyed this so much, will add it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you have truly made my day! I love reading and discussing other's thoughts and ideas. Leave a link to your blog and I would love to stop by!